„Full many a flower“ sang Thomas Gray, „is born to blush unseen and waste its sweetness on the desert air.“
This is equally true of many photographic processes but not so of Kallitype, which was seen at its first blush 125 years ago and has since flowered in innumerable varieties to the delight of not only amateurs, but also many professionals have learned to appreciate Kallitype.
Kallitype is a very simple process for making beautiful prints. It is an UV-sensitive photographic technique in which silver nitrate reacts with ferric oxalate changing the silver metal salt into metallic silver. The exposed Kallitype is than processed in a developer solution, cleared in a clearing solution, fixed in a fixing solution and finally washed in normal tab water.
Complete Kallitype kit 100
Good for about 30 sheets 8 x 10”
- 50 ml silver nitrate 10% stock solution
- 50 ml ferric oxalate 20% stock solution
- 500 ml developer solution for 2,5 liters of working solution
- 500 ml acetic acid solution for 7,5 liters of working solution (clearing aid)
- 500 ml sodium thiosulfate solution for 2 liters of working solution
- 130 grams Sodium Sulfite for 13 liters working solution (washing aid)
- 2 pipettes
- 8 sheet printing paper 19 x 28 cm
- 1 instruction manual